Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In One Day's Time....

This has been my last 24 hours:

Tuesday, 5:00pm~ Weather forecast makes me think I should have a backup plan for Thanksgiving. I run to the grocery store to buy a few things "just in case"

Tuesday, 6:30pm~ Receive a phone call from my parents saying my grandpa is in the hospital and they are going to travel to see him before the winter storm hits and don't think they will be back for Thanksgiving (especially with the storm!)

Tuesday night~ Praying hard for my grandpa....

Tuesday, 10:00pm~ Receive word that my grandpa is doing a bit better, Call to make plans for my brother and his wife to come down and eat some of the "just in case" food I bought!

Wednesday, 10:00am~ Heard my grandpa is doing better and my parents are hoping to make it home in time for Thanksgiving evening. New plan is set

Wednesday, 3:00pm~ Dr. appointment to find out I've started dialating and my doctor said "No!" to traveling (What!?!? I seriously need to pack a hospital bag soon....but, I STILL don't think I'm having this baby early! Probably another 3-4 weeks is my guess so don't get your hopes up)

Wednesday, 5:00pm~ NEW plan is being set! But, at LEAST I have food to make tomorrow for Aaron, Luke, Monica, and myself!!

Oh yeah! And, did I mention it's my husband birthday today?

My GOODNESS! All of this happened in 24 hours! I am so thankful to hear that my grandpa is doing better and receiving the care he needs right now and I soooo wish I could be with my family right now. :( Any prayer warriors out there: I would covet your prayers for him right now as he continues to recover.

And, I suppose I would also love prayers for our family of 2 (soon to be 3, I guess!) because this is getting so very real and very surreal at the same time.

So, all that to say....this day of the photo challenge is appropriate because it is of my family:
(Above: My immediate family)
(Below: Picture of my grandpa and grandma at their house a few years back)

The family I married into! My inlaws...:)

I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving and eat PLENTY of turkey for us!! There is so much to be thankful for this year even when things don't go as planned. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! We're praying for you guys! Can't wait to hear the baby news!!! :)

jenny said...

Wow... that's crazy that he said you couldn't travel! I was dilated at 3 cm ever since my 37-week checkup and STILL went a week overdue. Sorry your day was so crazy!